Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BlackBerry Messenger service is not free

(Just a warning for shoppers...)

I mentioned that I'm dropping Boost because they will begin charging for incoming text messages (they're free at the moment), so I've been shopping around for free and/or cheap messaging.

I was watching The Early Show on CBS, and wanted to be sure that BlackBerry Messenger service was free. (I know someone who replaced their Palm Treo with a BlackBerry and) After not being able to verify this (via BlackBerry's website), I contacted Brodeur Partners who responded:

"...BlackBerry Messenger...the data the application uses is counted as part of a user’s monthly data usage, which is part of a paid plan with the service provider..."
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM , Blogger S!ick said...

I just noticed that Jump Mobile prepaid accounts offer much better deals than Boost:
ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING TEXT MESSAGES ARE FREE...
for $50 you can keep your phone active for 90 days...
and as long as your account balance is at or more than the minimum per-minute charge for calls, and they are sent and received within your local calling area, all inbound calls are free!

http://www.jumpmobile.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home